Alicia is a compassionate and highly skilled Clinical Psychologist with over 12 years experience in the public and private health systems. Alicia has full registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with clinical endorsement (to reflect specialist training), and is fully registered with Medicare. She is also a Board Approved Supervisor. Alicia is currently working as a Clinical Psychologist at a leading hospital in Sydney alongside working in private practice.
Alicia's background is predominantly in assessing, diagnosing, and treating a range of adult and adolescent psychological problems and disorders. Her areas of expertise include:
- Mood disorders (e.g., Depression, Perinatal Mood Disorders)
- Anxiety (including Social Phobia, Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and Generalised Anxiety Disorder)
- Phobias (e.g., blood injury phobia)
- Addictions (including gambling, drug and alcohol, internet addictions)
- Pain management
- Grief and Bereavement
- Weight management and related concerns
- Adjustment issues
- Relationship problems and other psychological stressors (e.g., parenting stress, exam stress).
In her clinical work she uses a number of well-validated, time limited and individually tailored therapeutic interventions including: Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Schema Therapy, Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction techniques. Alicia's approach to therapy is personalised, led by evidence. She embraces clients with warmth and empathy by supporting them in making changes and addressing their needs to reach life goals. She is genuine in her approach and draws on therapeutic techniques which she sees fit for each individual client. Her aim in therapy is to assist clients in leading a rich and fulfilling life that is in line with the client's values.